Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

Why I want to be like Edward Cullen

Would you please tell me what you're thinking? BEFORE i go mad? Edward Cullen

I'd rather know what you're thinking even if what you're thinking is insane. Edward Cullen


So I'm trying to keep to my philosophy of last week and take everything as it comes and make the most of what life has to offer. Sometimes this can be difficult, even with the underlying bubbly happiness I feel because I only have 5 more days until my husband comes home.

So here is what happened in a nutshell...
I attend college online at the University of Phoenix. I am proud to be a phoenix and with minor exceptions this school is perfect for me and my lifestyle. As with anything there can always be minor improvements and for UoP, the learning team aspect is something I wish we didn't have to deal with. 

Basically we are assigned to a group of 3-6 students that we are required to work with for the 5 week class and submit assignments that we all collaborate on. In theory this practice is a good one since we can't physically be in the same room to work together. It gives an added social experience to our schooling because we can use any form of communication that works for us.

In my current class my group has 6 students including myself and we are working on our first group assignment  this week. There are 4 problems to complete, each with multiple parts. A smart person would assume that the total number of parts would be divided up so that the work load is even for each person. This is often not the case. This particular instance had three of the students claiming an entire problem for themselves, leaving only one problem (with only two parts to answer) to be distributed between three other students. 

I normally complete every problem for every assignment for my own personal benefit so that I get as much practice as possible for the final exam, and then just submit whichever part I am assigned. In this instance I offered to post the whole assignment to the learning team forum so that we could all double check each others work. So that if I messed something up, chances are somebody would catch it and I could learn from it (and vice versa).

Apparently my classmate S.B. took high offense to this because she assumed I was saying that my work was better than everybody else's work and that we should only use my work. After repeated attempts to clarify what I meant and why I offered such a thing in the first place, a couple other members of the team spoke up to try and help out since we had been in previous learning teams together and they knew what I meant by my offer and how well it had worked in the past.

This only made dear S.B. more upset to the point she lashed out at the whole group saying that for the remainder of the class she was only going to be in the forum long enough to decide which part of the assignment she was going to do and then to submit it and to hell with the rest of us.

So why do I want to be like Edward Cullen?
If you haven't figured it out by now I want to be able to read people's thoughts and find out how their screwed up brains work. But I want like super heightened Edward Cullen powers. I don't want to have to be within a certain distance to work my magic. I want to be able to just have to call this woman on the phone and figure out just what makes her brain tick and to find out if she honestly thought I was trying to say their work wasn't good enough or if she is just a drama queen who was trying to cause trouble.

Not to mention, think of all the other cool things I could do with powers like that!! I could be the world's best journalist because I could read their minds. Nobody could keep secrets from me and I would always know what they really meant when talking to them. I could be a super spy able to get any information I wanted from any target just by asking a question and listening to their thoughts while they lied to my face. Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment