Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

The best vitamin to be a happy person is B1

Dreams get you into the future and add excitement to the present.
Robert Conklin

Get excited and enthusiastic about your own dream. This excitement is like a forest fire - you can smell it, taste it, and see it from a mile away.
Denis Waitley

The days are passing quickly. How time flies when I reflect on the time spent apart from the one whose company I crave over all others. The time is dwindling until I am to be reunited with my husband and I can't seem to stop smiling lately. At first my face felt funny because it had been so long since I have been truly happy. But as I smile more and more the feeling becomes the normal and I don't remember being unhappy any longer. 

There will always be periods in my life where things aren't going my way or I don't like what life has given me, but I am determined to make the most of each and every day because I know that things could always be worse. I am healthy and well-fed, I have a roof over my head and clothes on my back, my family is safe and without great illness, and I have a circle of friends who are always there for me.

Each day that passes adds excitement to my life because I know that I am one day closer to starting my family. One class closer to attaining my college degree. One heartbeat closer to my happily ever after. I just know everything is going to turn out the way I've dreamed. I woke up this morning, apparently on the right side of the bed, and just had this feeling inside that I haven't felt since I was back in high school.

That feeling of building excitement I used to get before an upcoming sports event that I was part of. The slow pulsing of adrenaline seeping into my system throughout the course a few days making it so that I can hardly sit still by the time the day comes around. I feel that now each time I look at the calendar and realize that it's almost down to single-digit days before I am in my husband's arms again. 

I feel this again in my school life as well. I'm starting part 3 of my Intermediate Accounting class and once this finishes early in January I will begin taking the classes that will ultimately prepare me for my CPA exam. Knowing that I am that much closer to achieving what I set out to do so many years ago is exhilarating. I will have my career in only a few more short years, because of course I need the obligatory two years real world accounting experience.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it's called the present. And I am never going to take this for granted again. I am going to live my life to the fullest and rejoice in everything that comes my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment